State Funded Programs » How to Qualify for State Funded Programs

How to Qualify for State Funded Programs

Enrollment for the State Preschool Program at Bearcat Discovery Center is open to any child
who is 3 years of age by September 1 st or on the child’s 3 rd birthday. Enrollment into the
private pay or the Voucher program (SNCS) is open to any child who is the age of 2.5 to 5
years of age. Enrollment for the State funded, private pay, or the Voucher program (SNCS)
Before- and After-School program is open to any TK – 8 th grade student enrolled in the
Union Hill School District. An enrollment packet can be picked-up from our Bearcat office.
Qualifications for State Subsidized General Child Care (CCTR) and Subsidized Preschool
Program (CSPP) is based on; eligibility, need, income and family size.
Once all required documentation has been completed and returned to the Bearcat office,
eligibility will be determined and the family will be sent an acceptance letter. Specific to
State Funded enrollment, a Certification of Eligibility (form 9600) will be completed by staff
and signed by the parent/guardian to begin services. Families will be added according to
income, family size and need for care. If all State Funded spots are filled, families will be
ranked and added to the subsidized waiting list.
It is the policy of the center to provide equal opportunities for all individuals in education.
District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from discrimination based on race,
color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group, identification, age, religion, marital or parental
status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or
expression, or genetic information; the perception of one or more characteristics; or
association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived can
provide the child’s history along with an IEP (Individual Education Plan) or IFSP
(Individualized Family Service Plan) to Bearcat Discovery Center staff.
For State Funded spots, families must be eligible and need services based on the
documentation and verification of at least one of the following criteria.
  • Income
  • Current aid recipient
  • Homelessness
  • Child Protective Services
  • At risk of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation
  • Employment
  • Training toward a vocational goal
  • Actively seeking employment
  • Seeking permanent housing
  • Child Protective Services
  • At risk
  • Parental incapacity